Private - Cocoa Collection | Solstice Roleplay

Private Cocoa Collection

Raindrops

Advisor
Advisor
Sep 23, 2018
Preface
12/1/18

The journal is written in pen with smooth, legible handwriting. It’s apparent that the author isn’t particularly well practiced, several words scratched out and revised.

This is a This journal acts as a is a compendium of information related to psionics and psionic individuals. As it stands, Encyclopedia Communis defines psionics as, “A science barely understood, the extro extraordinary ability to alter the physical realm through the manipulation of metaphysical wavelengths.” The goal of me writing this is to gain a better personal understanding of psionics, and how it affects me.

I believe I am sensitive to psionics. In what way, I am not entirely sure fully aware, but so far, it appears I am sensitive in that…
  • I can sometimes sense psionic individuals, 'psions’. [CONFIRMED]
  • I can sometimes sense affected objects, ‘artifacts’. [CONFIRMED]
  • I am more extremely affected by psionic abilities. [UNCONFIRMED]
  • I am more able to feel the use of abilities on myself that others may not feel. [UNCONFIRMED]
This would explain the odd, seemingly random feelings and sensations I’ve had in the presence of strangers throughout my life. Perhaps they were psions, or had latent abilities yet to be discovered. Perhaps they were sensitive, like me.

Whatever the case, these feelings have recently come to bea bare again, since I came to the sector. The first individual who I sensed was a surgeon, who had come to assist me with my patients, Doctor Carne. I could feel her stare violate the boundaries of my body. She was staring not staring at me, but inside of me. I could feel her stare haunt me when my back was turned to leave.

The second individual made me feel no better. After an incident which left me crippl in a hospital bed, I recall, among others, an avian standing over me. His presence was palpable, rotten sickening to the core. My stomach turned in knots when he was around. Whenever he pointed at me, I couldn't breathe. This became obvious as I was operating on Lau a patient. Although my back was turned to him, I could feel my very being being constricted. He noticed. I'm sure she did too.

It turns out the avian was more knowledgeable about this kind of thing than anyone I knew. Ammon was his name, and he told me of his theories about psionics and my sensitivity. What a way to make a girl feel special. It sounds ridiculous, but I believed him because I have experienced such things, things unnatural beyond a doubt.

I have come to be fascinated with this aspect of myself as it becomes more tangible and relevant. It's like discovering a hidden talent in yourself whose posi possibilities seem limitless, and I must pursue it. However, I can’t get ahead of myself because my sensitivity could prove to be a great danger to myself, as recent events have suggested. I'm hoping to thoroughly document my sensitivity in order to better understand and control it. I hope this is a step in the right direction.

Naoko Setoharu, 12/1/18

Raindrops

Advisor
Advisor
Sep 23, 2018
Experiment Log #1
12/1/18

Another entry, on the page after the first. The handwriting seems to be neatly scratched and deliberate.

The difference between messing around and science is writing it down, which is why I've decided to record any 'experiments’ or tests of abilities. Perhaps I should take a more controlled and scientific approach to this in the future. To start, I'll begin with a compilation of 'tests’ and 'experiments’ conducted with some friends and acquaintances.

Date: 11/27/18
Focus: Exploration of other Psion's abilities.

Subject:
Blaire
Subject Details: Blaze. Is there anything else to say?
Presence: None? I've been near Blaire many times in the past, and have never picked up on anything yet.
Nature of Abilities: Energy Sapping

Procedure: Blaire and I stood a few feet apart, and she was instructed to “use her ability” on me. We made eye contact, and her ability was activated, unknowingly.
Results: I passed out within seconds, and woke up on the floor almost immediately.
Notes: I believe the effects of Blaire’s energy sapping were amplified on me. I was physically exhausted afterwards, and had trouble standing. It seemed like she had stolen energy from my body itself. The reason why I passed out so suddenly is unknown, but could have been from exhaustion or a sudden drop in blood pressure.

Subject: Methias
Subject Details: Human in his early 30’s, tall and built. Intimidating looking.
Presence: None that I can make out.
Nature of Abilities: Nullification

Procedure: Methias was instructed to focus on Ammon, a known psion, and snap his fingers, which causes his nullification abilities to become active. He was also instructed to focus on myself, and an artifact in the form of a poisoned teacup.
Results: Ammon temporarily lost the use of his abilities. The tea remained poisoned, even as Methias focused on the artifact. Nothing happened to me.
Notes: The nature of Methias’s ability is unclear. Why he could disable Ammon but not me or the effects on the teacup isn’t clear to me. Perhaps he can only nullify psions of certain natures?

* Presence denotes how, if at all, I can 'sense’ the person, and how it feels to be in their presence.

The fact that Blaire caused me to faint by just looking at me is alarming. If effects are amplified on me in such a manner, what might this mean for other psions and their abilities? Is there a way to defend myself against these things? I’m choosing to continue to pursue this subject in order to find and explore my options. For the next log, I should record things as they happen rather than in retrospect. Maybe I’ll use more formal language for the logs.

Naoko Setoharu, 12/1/18

Sep 23, 2018
Entry #1
12/5/18

This entry appears to have been written loosely and quickly. Seems the author jotted down their thoughts hastily.

I'm going crazy, I must be. Visions, presences, panic attacks, it's all becoming too much. I can't keep a clear head. Am I in over my head, can I stop all of this?

I'm not going into detail about the visions. I haven't figured anything out yet, and every idea I've had is lost to the wind. I'm powerless to stop these lapses in my consciousness. Time doesn't pass as they happen, like my mind is playing a broken memory. At least it isn’t just me, right?

Everywhere I go, the air is tense, rich with feelings and energy. I can sense them all whenever I take a moment to stop and listen. People, things, energy. Static, warmth, vertigo. How have I not felt this before? Something must have flared or clicked in my head. The only time I can find peace is when I'm completely alone, quiet, meditating. What scares me the most is that things might stay this way for the rest of my life. My choices boil down to get used to it or end it.

As the entry goes on, the writing becomes progressively looser, nearly illegible by the end.

Can I even get used to this kind of thing? Especially when it makes me act wrong and panic. I might look deranged to others, but I know what I feel. I know what I felt. Pure pressure, intense beyond my limits. It was harsh, terrifying, gripping me to my very core and tearing the sense out of me. It was someone else. The worst part was, no one would listen to me. Maybe I am going crazy.

The signature devolves into a loose scribble ending in a broad pen stroke across the width of the page, the date scratched in afterwards.

Naoko Setoharu, 12/5/18